15 Apr Stay at Home-Lockdown Girls Night in Ideas
We are travelling through the toughest of times that most of us can remember.
As a pamper party company, spring and summer are our busiest times of the year, it’s wedding season! One of our main groups to pamper and spoil are hen & wedding parties. We, like thousands of events and wedding related companies, have been dramatically impacted by the virus. Emailing and replying to sad and disappointed brides and bridesmaids has been a part of our daily routine. Months, even years, of careful wedding and hen party planning, all put on hold, for so many people.
I spoke to Diane, one of our bride’s recently. Diane had called me with regard to her postponed pamper party with us, which was booked for May. She was truly saddened to be loosing out on spending much needed time with her friends & family. After a lengthy chat, I promised her I would send her some ideas on what she and her pals could do together in this interim time.
With time on my hands (until home schooling kicks off again) I have researched ideas on how you could organise your own online digital hen party. Not the same as seeing your friends and family together face to face I know, but you can create fun nethertheless. Organising a digital hen party is a chance to connect with loved ones that maybe self isolating on their own or just some much needed light relief from the kids and partner.
Diane.. Ah voila!
Stay at Home-Lockdown Girls Night in Ideas
Choose a live streaming platform: Many companies are offering online streaming applications. Zoom is one of the most popular but is only free up to 40 minutes. If one person subscribes then they can host the meeting for as long as you like. A little research goes a long way.
Looking for a little privacy? Dig out some headphones so you can listen and share lockdown gossip without people listening in to your girly catch ups.
Before your online meet up, ensure that your tablet or phone has a stand whether that is make shift with cardboard or binding clips. This so you can be hands free when partaking in your chosen activity. Try this website for some great homemade ideas https://cellularnews.com/mobile-accessories/create-your-own-diy-phone-stand-a-beginners-guide/
- Just Dance. This was originally a game that needs a console and remotes. These clever people have designed an app using a smart phone. Pick your ultimate fav songs and dance the night away, together.
- Make your own face scrub and face mask. Give yourselves a mini skincare facial from home with simple ingredients you can find in your fridge, fruit bowl and cupboards. For recipes ideas, read our up and coming DIY at home facial blog or our social media for helpful videos.
- Book club. Want to clock out of social media? Why not create your own digital book club. Choose a book and make it up lifting, a book you can all lose yourselves in. Each week or two arrange a digital meet up to chat and discuss the chapters you have just read.
- Cook dinner together. Choose a simple and slightly challenging recipe for you all to cook together, maybe a dish the bride might have chosen on her wedding day.
- Take an online baking class together. Bread Ahead are providing online baking tutorials, why not give this a try? https://www.breadahead.com/live-bake
- Mini self-makeover. Dust off the make up bag and give it a little airing. Our lives are usually busy, too busy to try out new make up looks. Now’s your chance to experiment! Before your online meeting starts, choose the look you would like to try. Maybe smoky eye shadow, dramatic eyeliner or that dewy natural look you’ve been trying to master. Swap tips and encourage each other in your make up session.
- Cocktail class. One of the most popular hen party activities is with out a doubt, cocktail making. There are many tutorials out there at the moment to guide you through your fav tipples. Choose the brides fav cocktail and watch some vids together on a live stream, then make it yourselves. I found this company who I think are doing a great job! https://www.facebook.com/drinkwithusonline/
If you don’t feel up to activities, no worries. We all have stuff going on and may not feel up to new challenges right now. Organising a chat with your fellow hens maybe all you need. Speaking and communicating in these times is the most important activity you can do, to love, listen and support each other.
I hope you enjoyed my Stay at Home-Lockdown Girls Night in Ideas.
We look forward to greeting our hen parties with pampering love, very soon.
Founder & Therapist