Top hen party tips
We at the Perfect Pamper know the importance of planning the best hen party. Over the years we have helped to plan hundreds of them. Through our experiences we have compiled our top hen party tips just for you!
Choose your budget
This is the first detail you and your fellow hens need to agree on. Choose a realistic budget that everyone can meet.
Many larger groups of friends have a central hen party bank account which they all contribute an amount every month all year round ensuring there is always money in the kitty to cover their close groups up and coming hen parties, and future holidays.
Location & Accommodation
Depending on your budget choose a location that you know the bride will enjoy.
- Brides university town
- Town house in central town or city (easy access for friends to travel from)
- Cottage in the country
- Package deal abroad – Krakow, Ibiza, Prague
- Glamping in the country
Choose to camp, stay in a hotel or rent a holiday home there are many affordable and unusual options to choose from.
Hen parties are a mixture of the hens friends and family new and old. As chief hen party planner it is one of your responsibilities to ensure that the bride feels completely relaxed and comfortable with all her friends. Before the big hen day we recommend that you get to know your fellow hens and their backgrounds, so you can introduce each other and find common ground for you all to chat about.
When planning your friends party of the year, it’s very important to choose activities suitable for the whole group. Pregnant ladies wont thank you for organising a day of paintballing! If your group are Mum’s or Mum’s to be, pampering is always a winner for all ages. There are many many activities to choose from that will suit all budgets – Pampering, cocktails & chocolate making, treasure hunts too many to mention. A word of advice, if you are drinking the night before give yourselves a lie in!
It is a grand tradition in the UK that a hen party needs a theme. Living in Brighton for over 15 years we have seen some absolute corkers! Our personal fav’s are:
- Little black dress with coloured fascinators
- Moulin Rouge
- Super heroes
Party Games & memorabilia
There are lots of wonderful individual party games that you can play that will make your bride feel loved and special:
- Mr & Mrs – Before the big day ask the groom a set of questions and show photos (record the answers with your phone if you can). On the hen party weekend ask the same questions to the bride, have a forfeit ready is she gets any wrong.
- Create a personal play list. Ask your fellow friends to choose 4 songs each that remind them of the bride or life events they have shared with bride and create her very own hen party mix.
- Guess the present – All the guests bring a present which they think represents their friendship or reminds them of a memory passed. The Bride has to guess who the gift is from, forfeits for wrong guesses!
- Ask all your fellow hens to bring photo’s of the bride to share with your group including any baby photo’s from her parents. Also it’s a great idea to blow up some of your best photo’s and display them around your hotel room, or holiday let a little trip down memory lane.
Remember to take lots of pictures so you can then create a scrap book of her big day, night or weekend.
Whatever you choose to do for you brides hen party, organisation is the key element and your little touches will make it individual a personal.
Trackback from your site.